Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV SENTENCED TO DEATH
In court, the Boston Marathon bomber breaks two years of silence and apologizes to the victims and their loved ones.
2. THOUSANDS PAY RESPECTS TO LAWMAKER SLAIN IN CHARLESTON RAMPAGE
State senator and pastor Clementa Pinckney becomes the first African-American since Reconstruction to rest in honor in the South Carolina Rotunda.
3. EYEING RUSSIA, NATO BOOSTING ITS MILITARY CAPABILITY
The alliance is adding air, sea and special forces units to its multinational Response Force.
4. GUARD ARRESTED IN NEW YORK PRISON BREAK
Gene Palmer is suspected of delivering tools inside frozen meat to the two inmates, who remain on the loose, authorities say.
5. WHY SOME OPPOSE ALLOWING FAMILIES TO RANSOM HOSTAGES
They say Obama, in changing a long-held U.S. policy, is essentially letting relatives take actions the government has long said put Americans at risk.
6. GOP-CONTROLLED CONGRESS HANDS VICTORY TO OBAMA
Lawmakers clear a measure that will strengthen the president’s hand in global trade, capping the end of a back-and-forth struggle that played out over months.
7. BOBBY JINDAL JUMPS INTO WHITE HOUSE RACE
Louisiana’s Republican governor, squaring off against better-known rivals, is pitching himself as a “doer” in a field of talkers.
8. WHO’S ACCUSED OF GOUGING CUSTOMERS
The upscale Whole Foods supermarkets overcharge by routinely overstating the weight of prepackaged meat, dairy and baked goods, New York City’s consumer chief alleges.
9. BOBBI KRISTINA BROWN PLACED IN HOSPICE CARE
Since she was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her home in January, the condition of the 22-year-old Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, “has continued to deteriorate,” a family member says.
10. WHICH NAMES LIKELY TO BE CALLED QUICKLY IN NBA DRAFT
Karl-Anthony Towns and Jahlil Okafor are the big men from the powerhouse programs, obvious top picks in the annual draft.
How the US Mint and NIST are perfecting the money-making process.