The Department of the Navy is pushing back the schedule to release the request for proposals for its multibillion-dollar NGEN program.
The Navy announced Dec. 9 it would release a second draft of the instructions, conditions and notices to offerors and the evaluation ratings for industry comment on Dec. 19 and keep the comment period open for an unspecified time. The Navy updated these sections from the initial draft in September.
“The program office is diligently working to fully address all of the industry and DoN stakeholder comments received as a result of our release of the NGEN draft RFP, as well as the release of thousands of pages of additional documents and details,” said NEN Program Manager Navy Capt. Shawn Hendricks in a statement. “We are using the insight from all responses to further solidify the requirements and to ensure that we release a quality RFP that industry will be able to bid on and execute in order to provide enterprise network services to our sailors and Marines.”
Earlier this month, the Navy issued new technical documents to industry. The service opened up the Continuity of Service Contract (CoSC) operations volume/metric data, which represents CoSC current state.
“It is intended to help industry better understand the scale and scope of the as-is environment in order to cost and price the level of effort accurately,” the Navy stated in the notice on FedBizOpps.gov.
The Navy says the document has been posted on the MITRE site under the NGEN OCT 2011.
The Navy held an industry day in October, which drew more than 400 people from large and small companies.
“In determining the timeline for NGEN, all of the stakeholders are committed to ensuring the maximum amount of time for transition to NGEN,” the Navy said. “With respect to the release of the NGEN RFP, any changes will be made public when they are approved and finalized.”