Copyright © 2017 by Federal News Radio. All rights reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.
Click here to download the audio!
May 15, 2017 – Join our host Bob Leins as he welcomes Bob Braunstein, Federal Benefits Specialist, to the studio to talk about hot topics in federal benefits.
What is on 2017’s horizon for federal benefits?
Insight by the Bizagi: Technology experts explore how agencies are approaching their mission systems in this exclusive executive briefing.
• Will the calculation change from the current High-3, to a High-5?
• Will all FERS employees be required to contribute more for their retirement annuities?
• Are proposed changes to the COLA Formula going to happen? Will the changes affect everyone?
• Tracking the size of employee raises and the retiree COLA for next year — announcements on final figures are due in the next several months.
• 2016 FEGLI OS elections become effective in October 2017. How long do you need this new level of coverage to take it with you into retirement?
• Early outs being offered at EPA — will other agencies follow suit — and will offered finally exceed the traditional $25K?
Senate backs bill to avert shutdown, boost military spending
To ask a question and have it answered during the show, email us in advance at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com or call 202-465-3080 this coming Monday. Program begins at 10:05 ET and questions are accepted between 10:20 AM and 10:55 AM.